Students were home this week for scheduled days off for the elections and teachers' convention. For unlimited access to the most important news from your local community, please subscribe or activate your digital account today.
• Berkeley Heights Public Schools : closing Tuesday, March 10 after a parent of a student tested positive for coronavirus. • Haddonfield Public Schools : closing on Monday, March 16 so staff can prepare for the possibility of “virtual classrooms and at-home learning,” the district’s superintendent said.
• Jersey City Public Schools : closing at 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 11 to initiate plans and coordinate with staff for satellite learning options. • Sandhurst School District: closing early on Thursday, March 12 to plan for any possible closures in response to coronavirus.
• Monmouth University: cancelling all classes (face-to-face, hybrid, and online) for the remainder of the week, with spring break beginning as scheduled on Saturday, March 14. A student contacted university health services to report flu-like symptoms and was transported to Monmouth Medical Center for further evaluation.
• Para mus Public Schools : closing Wednesday, March 11 to receive needed comprehensive training in remote instruction. • Red Bank Regional School District: closing Tuesday, March 10 for cleaning after the sibling of a student tested positive for coronavirus.
• Rowan University: lengthening its spring break a week, so staffers can develop plans to teach courses remotely if coronavirus prompts a closure. • Stevens Institute of Technology: cancelling classes on Tuesday, March 10 in preparation to bring all courses online through Canvas.
January 17, 2021Approximately 752,615 pounds of not-ready-to-eat pepperoni hot pockets from Nestle have been recalled, announced the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service (ISIS). According to the release, the product may be “contaminated with extraneous materials, specifically pieces of glass and hard plastic.
“I want to give you an update on the changes that were made to the procedure on receiving your vaccination for COVID-19,” Vegan began. Roughly 300 locations, including as many as six mega-sites, will rely on the honesty and goodwill of residents in its mission to vaccinate the 1A priority group: frontline healthcare workers, law enforcement and firefighters.
|News|1d She also is a member of the Armed Services and the Science, Space, and Technology Committees. Check out this week's list of pets waiting at shelters in and around Wayne.
|News|1d The U.S. Representative for New Jersey's District 11 was in attendance for Wednesday's historic ceremony. |News|9h UPDATE: NJ lawmakers advanced plans to push Gov.
|News|7h What to expect from the weather this weekend in the Wayne area. |News|1d Peek inside a few of the properties currently on the market near you.
|News|2d Check out the newest homes on the market in the Wayne area. |News|2d New data provided by the federal government shows which hospitals are nearing capacity in the Wayne area.
Interested (1)Reply Wayne, NJ |Local Post| 1d Montana Samuel's, Patch Staff |News|7h UPDATED: A video has been released of a police-involved shooting in Newark that killed a 39-year-old man on New Year's Day.
Write your replyReply |News|6d Mayor Christopher Vegan said the township has used all the doses they've been given, but have received fewer than they've requested. My family lives on New Street, and we just saw a chicken wandering around our lawn.
It’s clearly obedient and domestic since it responded to me calling it and approached us very closely. Write your replyReply |News|Jan 14 This week's batch of adoptable pets in your area are looking for their forever homes.
Write your replyReply |News|Jan 13 The reorganization meeting was likely the first one ever held virtually. |News|Jan 12 Josue Gomez won USA Football's 2020 Heart of a Giant award.
During a recent ceremony, he got a surprise visit from another football Giant. |News|Jan 12 The township has made the shift from offering COVID-19 testing to administering vaccines.
Wayne, NJ |Local Question| Jan 13 WHERE DO I GO FOR MY VACCINE COVID-19 INJECTION Write your replyReply Wayne, NJ |Local News Tip| Jan 13 The attached open letter is from PROPEL Pequannock (Pequannock Residents of Pride, Equality, and Leadership).
It was forwarded, on January 7, to the Mayor and each member of the town council in Pequannock Township. It calls on them to accede to these historically important truths...that the November 2020 election was fair and properly executed by every state..., that the domestic terrorist attack on the Capitol Building was seditious, and was spurred on by presidential calls for violence...and that the police reaction to the mostly white insurrectionists is an indicator of systemic racism in America.
Write your replyReply Wayne, NJ |Local Question| Jan 12 What happened to the Macy's vaccination site? |Neighbor News|Dec 23 The Northern NJ Community Foundation's grants to Passaic County CASA will brighten the holiday for children in foster care.