logo
Archive

Are Wallflowers A Fire Hazard

author
Maria Johnson
• Tuesday, 24 November, 2020
• 7 min read

“Sparks started flying out and fire, and she says had she been any closer it would’ve burned her as well, and her hand towel hangs right next to it.” They also contacted White and said they will be giving her a full refund on her Wallflower plugins as well as having an electrician check her outlet.

bath body works wallflowers favorite candles fragrances plug ins scents bodyworks vanilla wallflower wall absolute fragrance room flowers smells smell
(Source: www.gossiprocks.com)

Contents

Lori White of Spring Hill, Florida has been a big fan of Bath & Body Works scent plugins, called Wallflowers, until now. “Sparks started flying out and fire, and she says had she been any closer it would’ve burned her as well, and her hand towel hangs right next to it,” she said.

They also contacted White and said they will be giving her a full refund on her Wallflower plugins as well as having an electrician check her outlet. “Bath & Body Works needs to recall these and take them off store shelves before someone gets hurt, or they lose their house, which could’ve easily happened here,” White said.

I bought some of those Wallflower air fresheners from Bath and Body Works over the weekend. We usually don't buy plug in air fresheners because of hearing about the fire hazards associated with the Glade ones.

I googled Wallflowersfirehazard this morning just to see if anything came up, and found comments from people that say their house caught on fire from these things. I have Wallflowers, Glade and Febrile things plugged into various rooms.

I can't imagine going around unplugging each and rep lugging every day. I've had other brands that were warm, but my wallflowers were almost painful to remove from the wall even after a short period of time.

plug air fresheners wallflower diy homemade essential addiction freshener wallflowers refill wick pry butter knife might oil need lavender
(Source: homemadeaddiction.blogspot.com)

I looked at that this morning and saw the sentence about the wallflowers and thought “hmm...” It never occurred to me that this might be a problem. I have Wallflowers, Glade and Febrile things plugged into various rooms.

I can't imagine going around unplugging each and rep lugging every day. I've had other brands that were warm, but my wallflowers were almost painful to remove from the wall even after a short period of time.

We don't use them anymore due to the chemicals it sends into the air. I never really thought about it until my dog began to chew his feet apart out of nowhere.

I'm a lot more cautious now about that kind of stuff. I have allergies and asthma, and it can't be good for me, either.

Regarding the fire, my FILM is a firefighter, and he won't let MIL use any plug in scents. I've used them for something like 6-7 years now (have probably 4-5 plugged in right now, actually, throughout the house) and have never had a problem with them.

wikipedia wildfire management emergency wiki
(Source: en.wikipedia.org)

In fact, there's actually some sort of sensor in them that senses when they might be overheating and automatically “kills” the Wallflower to prevent fires. As far as I know, once that happens, that WF is shot and will need to be replaced.

The part that was hot was the base, near where it plugged into the wall. I'm not sure of the technical name, but it was the part I'd grasp to remove it from the wall.

Just checked the one closest to me (it's plugged in near my feet at my desk) and the unit itself is slightly warm and the bulb is cool. Once we came back last September I plugged one in and noticed mine did get very hot, actually both of them did.

When I go to change the bulb I do notice it's warm to the touch, but never too hot that I pull my hand away or anything. I make sure all small appliances are unplugged (toaster, coffee maker, etc) when we are done with them.

The plastic part of it actually melted partially. If taken in large doses this is very poisonous and so this plant should not be used medicinally without expert supervision.

fire wildfires redding carr building pattern risk areas deadly history burns near confronts development
(Source: www.revealnews.org)

The seeds are aphrodisiac, diuretic, expectorant, stomach and tonic. No, you must use the bath & body holders. If this happens, simply return it to any Bath & Body Works Store for a replacement.

But as I will explain in more detail throughout this article, there are too many harmful chemicals in them to risk continuing to use them around pets. One of the primary concerns health experts have about plug -in air fresheners is their wide-spread use of phthalates.

Bath & Body Works Fresh Linen Wallflowers Home Fragrance Refills. Bath & Body Works Eucalyptus Mint Wallflowers Home Fragrance Refills.

Swallowing the gel-type evaporative beads or reed diffuser solutions can cause serious effects in children. There are concerns about adverse effects on the environment and health with repeated exposures to air fresheners.

Ethyl/isopropyl alcohol can be extremely dangerous if absorbed through the skin, inhaled, or ingested. Fill any room in your home with your favorite Glade fragrances by simply inserting the warmer into an outlet for a long-lasting scent that's adjustable.

fire candles birthday extinguisher funny card lights candy comedy zoom
(Source: www.comedycard.co.uk)

A mother who uses wall scent plugins from Bath & Body Works is warning people to watch out after she says one of them nearly caught her home on fire. Lori White of Spring Hill, Florida has been a big fan of Bath & Body Works scent plugins, called Wallflowers, until now.

“Sparks started flying out and fire, and she says had she been any closer it would’ve burned her as well, and her hand towel hangs right next to it,” she said. And this isn’t the first case of recent issues with the Wallflower plugins; earlier this week an Ohio woman said heat from a Wallflower melted the radio above where it was plugged in.

We reached out to bathe & Body Works concerning the issue, and they said they are looking more into what happened. They also contacted White and said they will be giving her a full refund on her Wallflower plugins as well as having an electrician check her outlet.

“Bath & Body Works needs to recall these and take them off store shelves before someone gets hurt, or they lose their house, which could’ve easily happened here,” White said. If you have a wallflower, it will look more like you’re walking through the vineyards of Napa than idyllic rolling plains.

You would think with how retail is struggling, businesses would pull these types of items off the shelves immediately…instead of sitting on pins and needles wondering who is going to file lawsuits to send them into bankruptcy first.

fire kitchen oven microwaves microwave hazard start samsung leaving burning actually heat
(Source: www.consumeraffairs.com)

Other Articles You Might Be Interested In

01: Abc-z Rock With U
02: A.b.c-z Rock Your World
03: Abertura Do Seriado Zorro
04: About Waiting For Godot
05: Absence Of War Is Not Peace
06: Abuela Is Coming Voltron
07: Budget For Wandavision
08: Budget For Z Nation
09: Buffalo Brothers Wake Forest
10: Buffalo Brothers Wake Forest Contact
Sources
1 www.buffbrothers.com - http://www.buffbrothers.com/
2 www.tripadvisor.com - https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g49633-d4005842-Reviews-Buffalo_Brothers-Wake_Forest_North_Carolina.html
3 www.buffbrothers.com - http://www.buffbrothers.com/contact.html
4 www.buffbrothers.com - http://www.buffbrothers.com/beer---wine.html
5 www.buffbrothers.com - http://www.buffbrothers.com/food-menu.html