logo
Archive

Are Wallflower Plugins Safe

author
Danielle Fletcher
• Friday, 08 January, 2021
• 7 min read

It's a very popular product and gift at this time of the year, but an Ohio woman said be careful. Here’s what happened to her Bath & Body Works Wallflower plug-in air freshener and what the company has to say about it.

Contents

Theresa Don elan from Sheffield Village in the Cleveland area has bought dozens of Bath & Body Works Wallflowers over the years but just recently she said she had a problem. Unfortunately, other Bath & Body Works customers have had similar problems even posting their own damage.

We found nothing on the outside of the product about keeping it 12 inches from other items and nothing around the scented oils she bought either. The label directs customers to keep a 12-inch clearance above the unit to allow the fragrance oils to disperse appropriately.

After the TV station got involved, company reps talked with Don elan. Every pet parent knows that odor control can be the toughest part of living with animals.

Plug-in diffusers, sprays, purifiers and wax are the most common and Bath and the Body Works Wallflowers (see selection on Amazon.com) is one of the most popular. The Bath and Body Works Wallflowers are not completely safe for pets due to the toxins used in them.

There are many reports by pet owners saying that their cats repeatedly threw up while using the Bath and Body Works Wallflowers. Also, cats tend to have an increase in feline asthma as a result of living in a household where air fresheners or incense is used and even just from the smell of cleaning products.

If you suspect your pet is reacting adversely to any air freshener product, seek veterinary attention as soon as possible. Variety of compounds have been used over the past two millennia for their abilities to create pleasant aromas or eliminate unpleasant odors.

The function of the first modern air freshener was based on a military technology for dispensing insecticides and adapted into a pressurized spray using a chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) propellant. Later on, the market shifted away from aerosols due to concerns over the destruction of the ozone layer by CFC's.

It is also known to cause ongoing irritation of the throat and airways, potentially leading to dangerous infections, frequent nosebleeds, asthma and respiratory ailments. It has been shown to cause tissue damage and cancer in the lungs of rodents in laboratory studies.

Although it makes them an excellent scent dispersal agent, unfortunately, they too have been linked to an increased risk of asthma. Below are some options to turn to in keeping your home fragrant and at the same time safe for your furry pets.

And this isn’t the first case of recent issues with the Wallflower plugins, earlier this week an Ohio woman said heat from a Wallflower melted the radio above where it was plugged in. “Bath & Body Works needs to recall these and take them off store shelves before someone gets hurt, or they lose their house, which could’ve easily happened here,” White said.

So, I’ve done some research and covered everything you need to know in this article about air fresheners and the possible health risks for cats: But as I will explain in more detail throughout this article, there are too many harmful chemicals in them to risk continuing to use them around pets.

It’s tempting to use air fresheners to keep our homes smelling fresh to mask those pet odors, isn’t it? But, the bad news is that air fresheners are likely to do more harm than good to our pet’s sensitive range of senses.

Also, while we’re on the topic I discovered a lot of air fresheners are potentially toxic to use too! I’ve always heard speculation about this, but it wasn’t until I really delved into some research that I realized there are some potential risks.

The issue with air fresheners and this applies to all brands and types, is that they contain loads of synthetic and toxic ingredients. The worst of which, and these are particularly harmful to pets (cats) are called Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC).

It’s hard to say that they are toxic, seeing as their air fresheners are allowed to be sold and do go through government regulations and testing. Also, as this article explains, they have sold products with harmful ingredients before that they were forced to stop using.

If your pet manages to come into contact with the fluid, or worse still lick it, this can be potentially very serious. The good news is that there are a few solutions that don’t involve man-made sprays and deodorizers packed with harmful chemicals.

Other companies such as Yankee Candle and Bath and Body Works also offer plug-in fresheners as well. A plug-in offers a fast and easy way to eliminate odors from the air and keep your space smelling nice and clean, kind of.

A room where my family and I come together to spend time and create memories was moments away from destroying any form of life in my house. There was the type of aroma in the air that screamed happiness and holiday cheer as my family and I decorated for Christmas.

I would stick my head in between the tree and the wall to check where exactly this smell was coming from, and it was almost an instant headache. After an hour of waiting anxiously in the kitchen, another place in my house where the aroma of homemade cooking would usually make everyone smile was now a dark room that had a cold breeze running through.

The windows were opened to eliminate the harsh smell of burning chemicals. When I was watching my father replace the outlet, there was an odd oil residue.

The day after Thanksgiving, my family and I were excited as ever to start decorating for Christmas. It was only a matter of time before this outlet caught on fire and destroyed everything in its path.

According to the National Resources Defense Council, “NRC’s independent testing of 14 common air fresheners, none of which listed phthalates as an ingredient, uncovered these chemicals in 86 percent of the products tested, including those advertised as ‘all- natural’ or ‘unscented. Phthalates are known to be in children’s toys and air fresheners, two items any growing family would have.

“This chemical can eventually seep into your bloodstream and alter hormone levels and cause birth defects,” according to the NRC. A chemical that is in toys that babies play with is essentially the cause of changing hormones and birth defects.

Other Articles You Might Be Interested In

01: Azenda Do Zenon
02: A-z Indie Rock
03: A-z Irish Rock
04: Bmw Vixen For Sale
05: Vstupenky Do Zoo Jihlava
06: Vstupenky Do Zoo Usti Nad Labem
07: Vstupne Do Zoo Usti Nad Labem
08: Vstup Do Zoo Jihlava
09: Vstup Do Zoo Ostrava
10: Philip Walker Do Las Cruces
Sources
1 www.healthgrades.com - https://www.healthgrades.com/physician/dr-philip-walker-y9svpwz
2 www.topnpi.com - https://www.topnpi.com/nm1649512807/dr-philip-walker
3 www.healthcare6.com - https://www.healthcare6.com/physician/las-cruces-nm/philip-walker-2116833.html
4 www.paginasblancaslocales.com - https://www.paginasblancaslocales.com/505-554-5666-Las-Cruces-Philip-Walker-NM/
5 www.spokeo.com - https://www.spokeo.com/Phillip-Walker/Arizona/2
6 anthropology.nmsu.edu - https://anthropology.nmsu.edu/
7 newscenter.nmsu.edu - https://newscenter.nmsu.edu/Articles/view/13886/nmsu-electronic-caregiver-unveil-virtual-reality-lab-at-milton-hall
8 www.onlyinyourstate.com - https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/new-mexico/movie-locations-nm/